Ok sooooo, I guess my last post about what to pack was quite a hit! I’ve had dozens of people ask me to do one for them. My other sista cousin is heading to Las Vegas with a big group of friends this weekend. My question is- when do I get to go on a trip???
1. Evening wear- Resort Casual, mix it up with shoes and jewelry. This JOIE jumper is so cute!
(Rebecca Taylor, Joie, Velvet)
2. Day wear- I love a denim shirt, they are great to throw in your purse or beach back, use it as a jacket or coverup as the sun goes down. Pair it with a cute pair of white shorts, hat and a wedge and you are good for a great excursion! Love the K. Jacques sandals- I promise you will wear them out! (J. Brand, J.Crew, K.Jacques)
3. I love Missoni and I especially love their bathing suits! This cover up is great because it is sheer and you still look sassy without feeling completely covered up. (Missoni, Michael Kors)
4. A definite is a pair of white jeans- you can wear these with a great top for dinner or with a tank for daytime! A must!! (Old Navy, Spendid, Kate Spade)
-These three pairs of shoes should do the trick for all of the outfits!
-Add a great clutch and you are good to go!
XO, Fashionable CHICK
As I mentioned before, I am a lawyer. (Insert your favorite lawyer joke here :). Let’s be honest, lawyers are not known for their “fashionable wardrobe.” Think your typical, drab, pant suit, and multiply that by your three color options; gray, brown, and black, and that’s about the extent of your wardrobe. To make matters even more interesting, I work for the government, and when the Georgia Legislature is in session, I have to be in some form of a “suit,” so dress pants and a jacket, every day. The legislatures even limit my jeans days…. sheeshh…
But never one to be held back by “office dress codes” I have discovered the secret to working in a conservative profession and still feeling fashionable and fabulous. Behold…. the “Blazer/Work Jacket.” I promise it will solve all your work-weekend problems.
All you need to have a work wardrobe and a weekend look you will love is a few key pieces: 1. A great pair of black work pants. I prefer Theory – seriously. They are expensive, but they NEVER WRINKLE… I kid you not. I don’t know how they do it, but they manage to fit and look nice week after week. 2. A great white shirt. This Bellatrix shirt I have shown is only $78.00, looks fabulous with jeans and work-wear, and most importantly, is machine washable. 3. Some great skinny jeans – like these JBrands. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE jeans. I think I honestly am verging on 25 pairs at the moment…. that is for another post. 4. Some great black pumps. They are work appropriate and look great with your jeans. They almost become your “uniform shoes.” 5. Finally – some great accessories. A classic black purse, great statement watch and beautiful diamond earrings. All work appropriate that can easily transfer to a Saturday lunch date.
The best part now, picking out a fabulous blazer/work jacket. Your options are limitless! And the best part, you can wear it with black pants for the week and jeans for the weekend. I personally think jeans and a great blazer/jacket is probably one of the best outfits a woman can put on. You always look put together and chic. And with Georgia weather not being super cold – you always manage to stay warm as well.
My dream blazer/work jacket…. The classic Chanel Jacket. The black/white above is not a Chanel but modeled after one. I am not sure my law career will ever take off to afford a Chanel beauty but one day!
So that is how this lawyer makes it through the work week. And even sometimes, I get a celebratory jeans day on Friday.
1. If you grew up with my Southern Mother you would have known this since the time you turned 13! Don’t leave the house without mascara and lip gloss. Seriously, she knew what she was talking about! Nowadays I may add CONCEALER to that list too.
2. It doesn’t have to be a professional MANI, but take a moment every couple of days to either file and or add a coat of polish. It doesn’t take long and it really helps you look and I swear feel better either around town or in the office.
3. Bling!! If you know me you know this may be my actual number one! Accessories really make you feel put together. Even if you throw on the exact same watch, bracelet and earrings everyday it will make you feel like a lady. Trust me! If you want to get really crazy grab one of your cute clutches that you usually save for a night on the town.
4. They don’t have to be super high heels but even a wedge with a cute pair of shorts or jeans make all the difference.
5. Get out of the sweats and into a pair of cuffed jeans to wear to the ballpark or run errands, throw on a comfy white t-shirt and a scarf and you will be the most Fashionable CHICK in town. Hey, if you look so cute no one will notice the fact that your hair is in a ponytail and you haven’t had a chance to take a shower!
You will be ready to conquer the day and feel like a million bucks! Don’t do it for anyone but yourself!
XO, Fashionable CHICK