For all you workin’ girls, Day or Night You can’t beat the ease of a dress! Wrap dresses are my NUMERO UNO- you can find a classic black wrap dress in every price range (Old Navy to DVF). Whether I am … Continue reading
Delano Hotel- HERE WE COME!
Time for Whites by fashionablechicks featuring kendra scott jewelry I love an alllll white outfit. Yes, I know- it is illegal in the South to wear white before Easter. Shhhh, I promise I won’t tell if you sneak in your … Continue reading
Saturday Shopping by fashionablechicks featuring leather handbags Click on the image to learn more. A day out and about with my daughter. Catching up on errands. Her number one goal today is fixing up her TWEEN room. My number one … Continue reading
Ok, sooooo – I was asked to speak to a women’s organization about Fall Trends.
I am very excited about it. I do two things very well.
2. Talk about Clothes/Shopping/Trends
So I hope that I am not spoiling the discussion but I started putting my ideas together.
This may be a two or three blog process but here is a start to fall trends.
So you know, I don’t always like ALL of the trends out there.
These are the trends that I can see easily fitting into my wardrobe as well as my friends and clients wardrobes.
Fall Trends to Buy….
1. LEATHER – I keep repeating myself but this may be my fav.
Leather leggings, Leather trimmed blazer, Leather skirt.
“The more appealing woman has a bit of an edge to her that makes her alluring.”
2. Dresses/Suits – Yes, the Mad Men look is still in.
I love a form fitting dress or a beautifully tailored suit with sheer hose and a pair of super high heels.
A great addition to your work wardrobe or for all my ladies who lunch.
Prim Appeal with an Urban Edge.
3. Peplum – I love anything with a peplum.
I think they hide a multitude of flaws.
4. Military Jackets – Anything double breasted.
This will look great with jeans for the weekend or dressed with a great pair of slacks for work.
I love this Free People Military Jacket- it hits on all of the trends double breasted, peplums, and cable knit
I especially like anything army green. It is one of my favorite colors to wear.
5. Western Wear – Anything with suede, shearling or denim.
This is definitely an easy trend. I love this denim shirt from j.crew. It would look great with the leather skirt or leather leggings.
Or a great boucle skirt for casual Friday.
These booties are really cute. Be careful with this trend.
My suggestion is unless you are 6 feet tall with skinny skinny long legs buy them a little more narrow at the top so your skinny jeans with lay just over the top of them. If they are wider at the top and you tuck your jeans into them they will make your legs look shorter and stumpier.
And noooooone wants this!
Happy Shopping, I’ll be back with more fall trends shortly!
To add to my last blog…
I am really into adding some edgier pieces to my fall and winter wardrobe.
In all the magazines and catalogs- my attention keeps going to leather.
I guess I read too much 50 Shades this summer or something!
I saw a pair of jeans at market last weekend that were coated denim.
They looked liked leather. I had to get some. I fell in love!
Who knows what they will look like on my post three children bod!
Hey, thats what tunics are for, right?
Like I said before, my style is very feminine so I think edging it up a bit will be good for me.
I like the idea of soft combined with harder more structured pieces.
Maybe in my way too quickly approaching new decade, I’ll become a rocker chick.
You will know I have completely lost my marbles when I get a couple of piercings and tats.
Faux leather has come a long way too so
A) we don’t have to worry about PETA
B) It wont break your bank.
And I can hear ya now. Im getting to that part.
No, you are not too old for leather.
I’m talking to you Elizabeth S!
You know who you are- LOL!
Buy a leather skirt, a leather jacket, leather leggings, leather boots this fall!
Add some sparkle with it!
|Michael Kors Fall Collection|
In going with my glam rock theme
I love me some Miranda Lambert and her style!
Song of the Week
Fastest Girl in Town
I love her!
Glam Rock- Go For It!
This is a great trend to show a little leg but still look classy and age appropriate.
1. Evening wear- Resort Casual, mix it up with shoes and jewelry. This JOIE jumper is so cute!
(Rebecca Taylor, Joie, Velvet)
2. Day wear- I love a denim shirt, they are great to throw in your purse or beach back, use it as a jacket or coverup as the sun goes down. Pair it with a cute pair of white shorts, hat and a wedge and you are good for a great excursion! Love the K. Jacques sandals- I promise you will wear them out! (J. Brand, J.Crew, K.Jacques)
3. I love Missoni and I especially love their bathing suits! This cover up is great because it is sheer and you still look sassy without feeling completely covered up. (Missoni, Michael Kors)
4. A definite is a pair of white jeans- you can wear these with a great top for dinner or with a tank for daytime! A must!! (Old Navy, Spendid, Kate Spade)
-These three pairs of shoes should do the trick for all of the outfits!
-Add a great clutch and you are good to go!
XO, Fashionable CHICK