I broke away from the South for a couple of days, I needed a girlfriend/fashion fix! Sad we missed fashion week but glad we made it to Coterie. It was a whirlwind trip but worth every second. I can’t believe … Continue reading
Ok, sooooo – I was asked to speak to a women’s organization about Fall Trends.
I am very excited about it. I do two things very well.
2. Talk about Clothes/Shopping/Trends
So I hope that I am not spoiling the discussion but I started putting my ideas together.
This may be a two or three blog process but here is a start to fall trends.
So you know, I don’t always like ALL of the trends out there.
These are the trends that I can see easily fitting into my wardrobe as well as my friends and clients wardrobes.
Fall Trends to Buy….
1. LEATHER – I keep repeating myself but this may be my fav.
Leather leggings, Leather trimmed blazer, Leather skirt.
“The more appealing woman has a bit of an edge to her that makes her alluring.”
2. Dresses/Suits – Yes, the Mad Men look is still in.
I love a form fitting dress or a beautifully tailored suit with sheer hose and a pair of super high heels.
A great addition to your work wardrobe or for all my ladies who lunch.
Prim Appeal with an Urban Edge.
3. Peplum – I love anything with a peplum.
I think they hide a multitude of flaws.
4. Military Jackets – Anything double breasted.
This will look great with jeans for the weekend or dressed with a great pair of slacks for work.
I love this Free People Military Jacket- it hits on all of the trends double breasted, peplums, and cable knit
I especially like anything army green. It is one of my favorite colors to wear.
5. Western Wear – Anything with suede, shearling or denim.
This is definitely an easy trend. I love this denim shirt from j.crew. It would look great with the leather skirt or leather leggings.
Or a great boucle skirt for casual Friday.
These booties are really cute. Be careful with this trend.
My suggestion is unless you are 6 feet tall with skinny skinny long legs buy them a little more narrow at the top so your skinny jeans with lay just over the top of them. If they are wider at the top and you tuck your jeans into them they will make your legs look shorter and stumpier.
And noooooone wants this!
Happy Shopping, I’ll be back with more fall trends shortly!
As you know, I’m in the mood for Fall.
I’m tired of my summer clothes, time for them to hibernate.
I will like them again next year. Maybe.
I’m off to market this weekend and of course I can’t wait to visit my favorite showroom…
I have a small crush on this designer.
I want everything.
Her style is
Feminine and Sexy.
Romantic and Rock N Roll.
Sugar and Spice.
I love the idea of a ruffled blouse combined with leather pants and a rockin’ boot with a gold heel!
Check out this NAIL HEAD dress, come on!
A perfectly feminine and curvy silhouette with edgy nail heads- gotta have.
My girlfriends laugh at me because I can walk into a store and I gravitate to anything by RT even without knowing the designer.
So here is my ode to Rebecca.
God Love Her!
I can’t wait to share my pics from market this weekend and all the trends that are on the horizon.
New website launch is around the corner-
without giving away the surprise
y’all go ahead and mark your calendars for August 23rd.
Details to follow.
Song of the Week
(great song and of course great name)
1. Evening wear- Resort Casual, mix it up with shoes and jewelry. This JOIE jumper is so cute!
(Rebecca Taylor, Joie, Velvet)
2. Day wear- I love a denim shirt, they are great to throw in your purse or beach back, use it as a jacket or coverup as the sun goes down. Pair it with a cute pair of white shorts, hat and a wedge and you are good for a great excursion! Love the K. Jacques sandals- I promise you will wear them out! (J. Brand, J.Crew, K.Jacques)
3. I love Missoni and I especially love their bathing suits! This cover up is great because it is sheer and you still look sassy without feeling completely covered up. (Missoni, Michael Kors)
4. A definite is a pair of white jeans- you can wear these with a great top for dinner or with a tank for daytime! A must!! (Old Navy, Spendid, Kate Spade)
-These three pairs of shoes should do the trick for all of the outfits!
-Add a great clutch and you are good to go!
XO, Fashionable CHICK